The Mid-Shore Community Foundation connects private resources with public needs in order to enhance the quality of life throughout the Mid-Shore Region - Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot Counties.
The Mid-Shore Community Foundation was established in 1992 with a $236,000 bequest from Colonel and Mrs. Edgar Linthicum to the United Fund of Talbot County. Recognizing the need for a community foundation to serve the Mid-Shore Region, the Directors of the United Fund of Talbot County voted to use the Linthicum Bequest to create the Mid-Shore Community Foundation.
The Foundation is located in the historic Bullitt House in Easton, Maryland. In 2002, Mr. & Mrs. Nicholas Brady, Mr. & Mrs. A. James Clark and Mr. & Mrs. William Hunter donated the Bullitt House to the Mid-Shore Community Foundation so that this historic residence would provide a permanent home for the Foundation. The additional space in the Bullitt House is leased to nonprofit organizations.
The Bullitt House
The Bullitt House was built in 1801 by Thomas James Bullitt, a lawyer and prominent resident of the Town of Easton.
Thomas James Bullitt's Talbot County - Download Pdf.
The Bullitt House, 102 East Dover Street, Easton, MD 21601