The Mid-Shore Community Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity that serves individuals, associations and nonprofit organizations in Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s and Talbot Counties.
Its’ mission is to connect private resources with public needs to enhance the quality of life throughout the Mid-Shore Region.
The Foundation was established in 1992 with a $236,000 bequest and has since matured to become one of the most significant foundations – public or private – in the State of Maryland, with more than $80 million in assets.
Since its founding, the Mid-Shore Community Foundation has received $81.3 million in contributions and has awarded $34 million in grants and scholarships.
The Bullitt House, Circa 1801
The Foundation is housed in the historic Bullitt House at 102 East Dover Street, Easton, Maryland. Through remarkable generosity, the Bullitt House was donated to the Mid-Shore Community Foundation to ensure a permanent home for the Foundation and to serve as the focal point for philanthropy and charitable programs in the Mid-Shore Region.
Together, the work of the Foundation and the extraordinary support of our donors have created a strong and lasting resource for the Mid-Shore Community.